The process of how to get your New York medical marijuana card online just got better. Say hello to customized treatment plans.
Have you ever wondered how to get your New York medical marijuana card online? Luckily, we live in an age where this is an actual possibility. While services streamlining the process exist, one that stands out is PrestoDoctor. PrestoDoctor distinguishes itself by not only providing online evaluations and recommendations but also custom tailoring treatment plans for medical marijuana patients. And now they’ve officially expanded to New York.
MMJ In NY
Last year, New York finally got its very own medical marijuana program. Potential patients had high hopes for it.
However, the program has, thus far, been less than ideal for the majority of those who would benefit from the plant. The qualifying conditions to get medical marijuana in New York are quite limited. They include HIV/AIDS, cancer, Parkinson’s disease, ALS, Huntington’s disease, inflammatory bowel disease, epilepsy, neuropathy, spinal cord injury, post-traumatic stress disorder and chronic pain.
Another reason why the New York medical marijuana program has been so unsatisfactory?
The limited forms of cannabis that the state has legalized for medicinal purposes. At the moment, medical marijuana patients may only purchase cannabis capsules, oils for vaporizing and tinctures. Plus, there’s the additional challenge of finding a doctor in the state to recommend medical marijuana.
But a service called PrestoDoctor is about to change all of that.
So what is PrestoDoctor?
It’s an online medical marijuana recommendation service that has been rated #1 by their tens of thousands of patients. The company’s co-founder, Kyle Powers, made such an impact through PrestoDoctor that Forbes named him in their 30 Under 30 in Healthcare list for 2018.
Their services include a video conference-style appointment with one of their qualified and licensed doctors. During your appointment, the doctor will evaluate you and make a medical marijuana recommendation based on your unique needs. But what truly makes PrestoDoctor unique is that they even customize treatment plans for their patients. You don’t even have to leave your house!
Thanks to the New York State Telehealth Amendment Act of 2015, PrestoDoctor has now officially expanded its services to the state. Most doctors in the state up-charge for medical marijuana evaluations. But because it exists in the digital realm, PrestoDoctor is able to offer affordable, accessible services. The process of how to get your New York medical marijuana card online just got a million times easier.
How To Get Your New York Medical Marijuana Card Online
We caught up with the people behind PrestoDoctor to find out how to best use their services. Here’s their definitive guide on how to get your New York medical marijuana card online:
- Sign up for an account at PrestoDoctor.com.
- Fill out your profile information, and click “Schedule an Appointment.”
- PrestoDoctor’s GPS locating technology will locate you in the state of New York and match you with a New York licensed medical doctor.
- Once you schedule your appointment, PrestoDoctor will prompt you to upload your state ID. Then, complete a medical questionnaire detailing your current medical conditions, goals for your future treatment and any information regarding medications you are taking.
- Once you complete the pre-appointment steps, it’s time to get ready for your appointment! At the time of your appointment, click the “Start Meeting” button on your account dashboard. This will connect you to your doctor through your webcam-device.
- After your appointment, PrestoDoctor will email you the appropriate documentation, completed by your physician, and will send detailed instructions on how to complete the New York State Registration process.
- Once you complete your NY State Registration, the state will mail you your medical card within 5-10 business days.
The Opioid Epidemic
In addition to making medical marijuana more accessible for New Yorkers, PrestoDoctor has announced their commitment to taking on the opioid epidemic—particularly in New York. Because many of the qualifying conditions in the state traditionally get prescriptions for opioid medications, PrestoDoctor aims to educate the public on using cannabis as an equally effective alternative.
The co-founder and COO of PrestoDoctor, Robert Tankson, weighed in on the matter.
“New York is a heavily populated area and many people within that population struggle with opioid addiction. It is PrestoDoctor’s ultimate goal, and plan, to bring safer medical treatment options to the people of New York.”
Safer medical treatment options seem to be a running theme with PrestoDoctor. The primary stated goal of the service, after all, is amping up the accessibility of medical cannabis, empowering patients who use it and educating those who are interested in it. Check them out here!
To view the original High Times Magazine article by Chloe Harper Gold in it’s entirety, click here